What it actually means….
It may seem a bit odd to say this now, but when the dust settles, I think the consensus will be that Israel lost this war in all the ways that matter.
1. They’ve never had international public support - but this time they’ve actually earned real public rancour.
1a. They’ve taken a hammering on the social media, and with the rise of this new form of communication, the traditional and more biased news stations have played less of a role in shaping the discourse and for the first time personal Palestinian narratives have actually come out.
2. They’ve not achieved a single of their putative objectives - the rockets are still firing, Hamas is still there, the tunnels are still there, and the Palestinians are not going quietly.
2a. They have achieved their actual aim of disrupting the peace process and Palestinian unity talks, but at the expense of massively strengthening Hamas’s hand.
3. They’ve suffered military casualties - and they’ll mount the longer the ground excursion goes on. This’ll lose them the feel-good factor with their own public too.
4. The western governments. that support them continue to support them, but there are rumblings here too, cf. Kerry leaked comments, UK Parliamentary debate, and increasing lobbying for an arms embargo.
5. The BDS movement has gained massive publicity. It has cost Israel $100ms already and will cost a lot more now.
Abandon your desire and take on the light of wisdom,
for that desire would soon lead to disappointment.
She said, ‘I’m so afraid.’ And I said, ‘why?,’ and she said, ‘Because I’m so profoundly happy. Happiness like this is frightening.’ I asked her why and she said, ‘They only let you be this happy if they’re preparing to take something from you.’
And if you reflect on most people’s situation, you will find that they look at their rights over Allah and do not look at Allah’s right over them, and from here is where they broke off from Allah.
ﻭﻣﺘﻰ ﺍﺣﺘﺠﺖ ـ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ـ ﻭﻟﻮ ﻓﻲ ﺷﺮﺑﺔ ﻣﺎﺀ، ﻧﻘﺺ ﻗﺪﺭﻙ ﻋﻨﺪﻫﻢ ﺑﻘﺪﺭ ﺣﺎﺟﺘﻚ ﺇﻟﻴﻬﻢ
Whenever you are needy toward people, even for a glass of water to drink, their regard for you will decrease by the degree of your neediness toward for them.
Originally found on: sara21h(via islamic-art-and-quotes)
I pray for a day when the children of Syria&Palestine wake up to the sound of birds and not bombs…
A true test of great character is when we can maintain it in the face of those who are rude, offensive and lack in basic morals and conduct.